BHN offers immediate access to Registered Nurses 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to facilitate early interventions for appropriate medical treatment and to address return to work issues.
BHN’s Access24 nurses are available to injured workers and supervisors to report the injury, obtaining a detailed and thorough report history of the accident. The Access24 nurse documents all details and completes a First Report of Injury form. These specially trained nurses know the questions to ask which can save time for the claims adjuster.
- Employees or Supervisor contacts BHN’s Access24 toll-free number as soon as possible after injury occurs.
- The RN obtains thorough and comprehensive injury information, including information needed for the state mandated First Report of Injury.
- Utilizing industry-accepted medical treatment guidelines, the RN guides the injured worker to the appropriate level of care for the injury. When applicable, information is provided regarding network physicians and/or facilities.
- Complete information is electronically transmitted to the Employer, Risk Manager and Insurer to facilitate a pro-active approach to claims handling.
- The RN will assist with timely referrals to medical providers, when needed.
- When requested by the employer, the Access24 RN can facilitate timely post-injury drug screening by faxing referral information to the designated facility.
- Automatic referral to Telephonic Case Managers.
BHN will work with employers and insurance carriers to customize a triage program designed to meet each specific need. ID cards and posters designed for employers and employees are available upon request.